Saturday, March 26, 2011

Solo Trip! August 4-19, 2009. Ireland, England, Scotland, & Germany

Back in July of 2009, the family things were finished for the summer, and I had a bunch of Skymiles, so I decided on short notice to go to Europe to up my spirits and finish off my school vacation.

I'd never been to Ireland or Scotland, and so those were high on my list. I've always wanted to see the Edinburgh Tatoo (not a body marking, it's a bagpipe, drum and bugle corps spectacular.) I wanted to see Wicked in London, and I wanted to walk on top of Hadrian's Wall.

I've also wanted to see the Passion Play for 40 years. It's happened every ten years for the last four centuries, and I wanted to take a group to see it in 2010. Their website offered various packages for high prices, but I couldn't just trust them to choose a place for me. I needed it to be in the actual village of Oberammergau and within walking distance of the PassionSpielHaus.

I got to do everything I wanted! The next dozen posts are from my daily e-mails home.
The top picture is Blarney Castle in Ireland.
The next one is Trafalgar Square in London., and the last is the little Baroque (Rococco) village church in Oberammergau, Germany.

No comments: