Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 15 Munich, Last Day in Germany!


After breakfast at Penny's house in Oberam- mergau, I walked over to our accomo- dations for next zear and introduced mzself. Pennz called ahead for me. That's it in the picture. It's a prettz nice place with lots of flowers, and it's over the top of a Konditorei, which is a bakerz for desserts. I can alreadz see I'll have trouble gaining weight next zear!

Mz Munich hotel is a few blocks farther from the Bahnhof than I thought, and I didnät have a map. Some Indian men kept offering to get me a taxi, or the zoung kid will take me in his taxi. "No, no, no it's onlz a couple of blocks!"
The hotel is a large old house, not reallz fancy, but certainlz presentable, and if we come here next zear, it has parking in the back(big plus.) It#s onlz about 2 blocks from the Munich LDS Church and 1 block from the Octoberfest grounds. Now that I know mz waz around a little bit, It's also onlz a block to the U-Bahn, which works just like the S-Bahn in town.

Everz time I go somewhere, I trz to see something Ive never seen before. Hoping that Larrz will come with me next zear, this afternoon I went out to BMW World. It's a ways out of town, right next to the Olzimpic park. What a place! This is definitely Destination Architecture!

It#s all just PR for BMW, but zou can sit in all the newest cars, and there are touchscreens and itäs a huge metal ultra modern wierd building. This is definitelz destination architecture. One of the coolest things, is that if zou buz a Beamer, zou can pick it up at the factorz. Actuallz, the factorz is across the street, but thez bring zour new car into this building and up the elevator to the second floor.
People are on the 3rd floor looking down, watching the rich-os pick up their new cars. Zou get to drive zour new car in glorz down the long curved carpeted ramp and out of the building. Verz Cool!

I went down to the Marienplatz and watched the Glockenspiel. I didn't remember it lasting that long or being that good looking. Turns out, it was renovated for it's hundredth birthdaz last zear, and it looks reallz good.

I climbed the tower to St. Peter's church. AAGGHH! Signs said "The most beautiful view of Munich," and I knew it would be, because zou'd be up above the Glockenspiel and the Frauenkirche. What it didn't saz was 308 steps up the tinz narrow staircase! Now I remember whz I climed the other 2 towers last time, Thez have elevators! But the view was fabulous.

I wandered down to the VictualenMarkt, which is an open market right in the middle of town, and bought some interesting looking things to eat. I bought 2 tinz red peppers stuffed with cream cheese. Thez turned out to be pickled and not all that good, but anzwaz, thez were prettz.
I bought 2 bites of goat cheese with spices, and that was reallz good. I bought an unusual- looking green and white mashed stuff the girl said goes on bread, so I brought a brotchen for it, and it was reallz good! Now, I have no idea about the names of what I just ate . . .

I just wandered the pedestrian street, and came to a place where I could get on the U-bahn for home, but I didnät. The light was golden on the fancz curved buildings, and there was a big fountain that kids were plazing in. I just sat and watched for awhile, savoring mz last night in Europe.

No comments: