Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 6 & 7 London


Flight to London on Ryanair. They are a really cheap airline, but they fly new planes. Some tickets are as low as 1 pence plus taxes!



Since we lived in England, I didn't do a whole lot of sightseeing.
Mostly I just ran around on the red double decker buses and enjoyed myself sitting in Trafalgar Square and catching a concert at St. Martin-In-The-Fields.


I did, however, go see the musical Wicked!
It's supposed to be the backstory behind the Wizard of Oz. London theater is as good or better and definitely cheaper than Broadway. There are always a hundred shows playing, and lots of them start here and move to New York.

Another fun thing I did was take the train toward Stratford to see some old friends in Banbury. The picture is the real "Banbury Cross," which marks the intersection (crossing) of several ancient highways in Banbury.

When I got back to London, it was after midnight and the Tube had stopped running. I had a few moments of panic, trying to figure out how to get home! I had to walk a few blocks to find a Night Owl bus, but all ended well and I was back in my hotel by 1:00 A.M. Here I am sitting in the top of the double-decker bus and taking my own picture in the middle of the night.

No comments: