Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quick Stop in Paris, Day 2: July 31, 2007

I have had the most wonderful day in Paris! I am on my way to Rome from Utah, but I had an 8 hour layover in Paris, so I took the train into the city for a few hours.

The sky is blue and I have walked all over Paris. I found a long skinny little garden on top of the former elevated train tracks (second picture) and I went to Notre Dame Cathedral and finally found the marker that measures all of Paris. I went to the flower market and shopping on the Left bank.

Tell Ralph not to buy a Tour de France jersey because I got him one. That's my only souvenir, I hope. I am traveling with only a carry on, so my little suitcase is packed!

I am in an internet cafe that Heidi and I used last year and this keyboard is not querty. I forgot to get them to change it and I'm in a hurry, which you can probably tell! I have to go back to the airport to fly to Rome in a few minutes.

The short plane change in Houston was scary because it was only 35 minutes and we left SLC half an hour late, but it worked out because pilot made up time in the air and my gates were only 100 yards apart. In NYC I took a shuttle bus from La Guardia to JFK, which was also scary because I waited for it 40 minutes, plus it took 40 minutes in traffic. I had lots of time after all because Air France check in went much faster than in Paris, where Charles de Gaulle airport is always awful and takes two hours.

This has been a great day! I love wandering in Paris. Heidi, I just had a banana-nutella crepe for you. Wish you were here!

No comments: